Paleo Pumpkin Bread
This is the BEST gluten and dairy free pumpkin bread! All made in one bowl
For the Bread
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Arrowroot or Tapioca Starch
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Applesauce
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
Cream Cheese Maple Syrup
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened at Room Temp (Use DF for Paleo)
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil at Room Temp (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Milk (divided)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Pinch of Pumpkin Spice
Preheat the oven to 350. Spritz your loaf pan with coconut oil or use parchment paper.
Add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, and pumpkin spice to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined well.
To the same bowl add the egg, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, and pumpkin. Mix until completely combined.
Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. You should be able to insert a toothpick or knife into the bread and have it come out clean. Let cool completely before adding frosting.
Cream Cheese Maple Frosting
Add the cream cheese to a kitchen aid stand mixer or handheld electric mixer and mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Add the maple syrup, 1 tablespoon at a time while continuously mixing. Add the coconut oil one tablespoon, while mixing, and repeat with almond milk. Add the vanilla extract and pumpkin spice.
Scrape the sides of the bowl. Mix for another minute.