Low Calorie Fettuccine Alfredo
All the taste of regular fettucine alfredo, half the calories.
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 1 Clove garlic finely chopped
- 3 Tablespoons Tapioca Flour or Arrowroot powder Dissolved in a few tablespoons of water** VERY IMPORTANT THAT IT IS DISSOLVED IN WATER FIRST
- 1 Cup 1% Milk
- 1 Cup Bone Broth or Stock
- 1 Cup High quality shaved or shredded parmesan cheese
- Fresh Parsley as garnish (Optional)
- 1 Package 9-12 oz fettuccine
Cook pasta according to package instructions. Melt butter on medium heat in a skillet, add garlic cook for 1-2 minutes, until garlic has slightly browned.
Stir in broth and milk, whisking occasionally for about 2 minutes. Add tapioca starch that has been dissolved in water first. (It is very important that is dissolved first).Continue to cook for another 5 minutes, whisking every so often so it doesn't burn.
Once the sauce is thick enough that it will coat the back of your spoon, turn the heat off. Add parmesan and stir until completely melted. Add pasta and serve. Top with fresh parsley and additional parmesan.