Crispiest Air Fryer Potatoes
These Crispiest Air Fryer potatoes are just the side dish you’ve been looking for. Made in 15 minutes with just 4 ingredients, Vegan, Whole 30 & Paleo friendly. Does it get better than that? They have nice crunch on the outside when you bite in, yet perfectly soft on the inside. There are two tricks to keeping these potatoes crispy, detailed below. These potatoes are perfectly seasoned with just three ingredients, fresh rosemary and garlic, along with a little olive oil. In my opinion, simple is always best. As simple as it is, this side dish might just become the star of your next dinner 🙂
Another day in lockdown, it’s a beautiful Saturday, but that seems irrelevant. Today they announced that NYC schools will continue to remain closed through the rest of the year, which makes me believe that the lockdown will last at least until the end of the what would be the school year. All this free time only means one thing, lots more recipes to make 🙂 I have some good ones coming up for next week, so make sure you stay tuned. Stay safe and stay inside. The better we comply with the restrictions now, the sooner this will all be over.
The key to the crispy
Moisture is the enemy of crispy food, so we need to do everything we can to minimize that extra moisture. For this recipe, there are two key things we do to make sure these potatoes crisp up nicely. First, after we wash and dry the vegetables, we add salt and let them sit for 5 minutes. The salt will draw out any extra water that we then remove with a paper towel. This method also works great for recipes that call for zucchini or zoodles. Next and equally as important, we make sure that the pan we cook them on is really hot. This method also works when you cook potatoes or other veggies like butternut squash in the oven. Place the potatoes on a hot roasting pan, starts the process of the outside cooking right away! These two things will ensure that the potatoes are crisped to perfection 🙂
Don’t have an Air Fryer?
I can’t tell you how much I love my air fryer. This is the one that I have below, and highly recommend! I use mine ALL the time and sure you will too!
Tips, Recs, Subs
- You can use any potatoes here I used red and white, simply because that’s what I had on hand.
- Herbs- I used fresh rosemary and garlic, but you can use any herbs you want. Thyme, parsley, feel free to get creative with the flavor combos.
- Parmesan cheese would be a great topping here if you aren’t adhering to any dietary restrictions. However, keep in mind they won’t be vegan, Whole 30 or Paleo with the addition of cheese.
- Half way through put your air fryer on pause and give it a good shake, this will help move the potatoes around a bit allowing them to crisp up nicely on all sides.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can roast these in the oven, make sure you preheat the oven to 425 with the baking sheet inside. Cook at 425 for 10 minutes, flip potatoes and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Crispiest Air Fryer Potatoes
- Air Fryer
- 1.5-2 lbs Baby red and/or white potatoes quartered
- 1-2 Cloves garlic diced or 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2-3 Sprigs Rosemary, remove the stem and chop the leaves finely
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- Add potatoes to medium or large mixing bowl, pat dry with paper towel. Add a generous amount of salt and let sit for 5 minutes. Preheat air fryer at 390 for 5 minutes, make sure the pan or plate that potatoes will roast on is left inside.
- Use a second paper towel to remove any additional moisture the salt has drawn out, add pepper, rosemary, garlic and olive oil. Toss bowl until potatoes are covered evenly with all ingredients.
- Add potatoes to hot air fryer, make sure you hear a sizzle when you drop them in. If not might reheat for another minute or two longer. "Air Fry" for 10 minutes at 390. Half way though give the basket a shake to move the potatoes around.
Enjoyed the Crispiest Air Fryer Potatoes?
- Whole 30 Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs
- Paleo Instapot Beef & Broccoli
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs (Whole 30, Paleo)