PB Banana Nice Cream For the Win
It is HOT, HOT, HOT here and across most of the states, and this recipe is EXACTLY what we need. Creamy delicious “Nice Cream” that taste like delicious soft serve. It’s not ice cream, it’s nice cream because it’s nice to your body. No dairy, animal products or refined sugars. Just 2 Ingredients for the base, plus desired toppings! Just how I like my recipes, simple and craveable!
Nice Scream, You Scream, We All Scream
This recipe actually makes me want to jump up and scream and shout! I’ve never been one to LOVE Ice cream, but for some reason this summer, I can’t stop craving it. But just the thought of all that dairy makes my stomach ache. But this Nice Cream satisfies my ice cream cravings, without any of the bellyaches. It’s a win-win! What’s not to love about this recipe?
- Dairy Free, Vegan, Refined Sugar Free
- Adds Fruit to your diet, let’s be honest we all need extra fruits and veggies in our diets
- Completely customizable to meet your cravings any day of the week
- 2 Ingredients, and pretty much 1 step. What’s better than that?
What Makes This Vegan & Dairy Free, Paleo
I usually take a minute to explain what makes each recipe on this site fall into the dietary categories, so people get a better idea of what each diet is about. This one is pretty self-explanatory, we use a dairy-free milk alternative instead of traditional cows milk or heavy cream that’s often used in ice cream. This swap makes it both dairy free and vegan. The bananas provide a natural sweetness, so the base is naturally paleo because there is no refined sugar. However, peanut butter is not paleo-friendly because peanuts are actually a legume, not a nut. But you can use extra frozen fruit or almond butter.
How To Make It
- Freeze Bananas
- Blend with milk and additional toppings
- Eat as is, or freeze to make it even thicker
Helpful Equipment and Ingredients (Directly From Amazon)
So many flavor combos to try! Get as creative as you want here are a few of my favorites.
- Add a handful of frozen strawberries for Strawberry Banana Nice Cream.
- Fold in chocolate chips to the PB flavor for an added pop of chocolate
- Add 2 teaspoons of unsweetened coco powder to get chocolate nice cream
Tips, Recs, Subs
- Use ripe bananas. The darker they are, the sweeter the dish will be—no green bananas.
- Play around with different dairy free milks. Almond, coconut or try my Homemade Vegan Oatmilk.
- The Vanilla is optional but highly recommended, try my 30 minute Instant Pot Vanilla
- See above for different flavor options, make your own creations, tag me on my Instagram @mostlycleaneats and let me see what you’re making 🙂
- Replace the Peanut Butter with Almond Butter for a Paleo Friendly frozen treat.
- Banana Nice Cream can be eaten right after blending, or freeze to make it thicker. Once frozen, you may to leave it on the counter to warm up a bit so you can eat it.
Save PB Banana Nice Cream to Pinterest For Later
PB Banana "Nice Cream"
- 2-3 Ripe Bananas (Cut into pieces and frozen for at least 6 hours or overnight)
- 1/4 Cup Non Dairy Milk of Choice (almond, coconut, oat etc)
- 2 Tablespoons Natural Peanut Butter
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract (optional)
- See above for additional optional toppings
- Cut and Freeze Banans for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Add to blender with 1/4 cup of milk, and Peanut Butter and optional vanilla. Blend for 60 seconds or until creamy. Eat as is, or transfer to glass dish and freeze to make it thicker.
Hungry For More?
Share or Save for Later.
Subscribe For Recipes and More
Let’s Connect 🙂