Share or Save For Later
Paleo Pumpkin Bread with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
This is the BEST paleo pumpkin bread! I’m not just saying that. This bread is so delicious, to be honest, I was actually surprised by how good it turned out. It’s got this perfect fluffy inside, and the subtle taste of fall. Don’t forget the maple cream cheese frosting!! You can use dairy-free cream cheese to keep the entire thing paleo and dairy-free! As I’m writing this at 11 PM I’m getting excited about breakfast tomorrow because I get to have this bread again. It’s seriously THAT good.
Sporty, Baby, Posh, Ginger, Scary and My Favorite ... Pumpkin Spice
If you don’t get that reference, you’re probably too young, and I’m sorry that the music you grew up with wasn’t as good the music of my generation. I know that it’s so basic and so over-hyped, but I love pumpkin, and I don’t care what anybody thinks. This Paleo Pumpkin Bread has now become my go-to fall dessert, and also probably breakfast. The maple frosting also has a hint of pumpkin spice that really brings the whole dish together. I just want to cozy up with a glass of hot spiced hot tea, in a big sweater with an oversized blanket, and eat this straight through the rest of the fall. Doesn’t that sound absolutely delightful?
What Makes This Pumpkin Bread Paleo and Dairy Free?
I always try and take a second to explain what makes each recipe fall into different dietary categories so that you can adjust it to meet your own specific needs if possible. Paleo is a diet that focuses on eating real whole foods, avoiding all things that are overly processed and inflammatory. The inflammatory categories include dairy, gluten, grains, refined sugars, and legumes. So a traditional bread is made with flour, which we swap out for grain-free almond flour. Instead of butter, we use unsweetened applesauce, and we replace refined white sugar for pure maple syrup. While maple syrup is allowed on Paleo, you want to make sure that you don’t go overboard, because it is still a sugar. For the frosting, we skip the confectioners and sweeten with a little more maple syrup. To keep it paleo, make sure you use a dairy-free cream cheese. I love kite hill brand (not sponsored, just a brand I really enjoy). If not dairy-free, you can use regular cream cheese and two tablespoons of butter instead of coconut oil.
How To Make It
- Add the Almond Flour, Tapioca Flour, Pumpkin Spice, and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Whisk together.
- Add the eggs, pumpkin puree, applesauce, vanilla, and maple syrup. Mix until completely combined.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan. Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes.
That Simple!!! (Full Recipe below)
Helpful Equipment and Ingredients (Directly From Amazon)
Want Simple Healthy Recipes Sent Directly To You?
Watch Me Make It
Tips, Recs, Subs
- Make my super easy Instant Pot Applesauce for a delicious unsweetened applesauce in under 10 minutes. You can also substitute coconut oil.
- Try my Instant Pot Vanilla Extract to make your own Vanilla Extract.
- If you don’t want to add the Cream Cheese Maple frosting, you can eat on its own, or add some melted butter (ghee for Paleo), toast the bread, or grill it on the stove for a minute or two on each side. You could also top with apple butter, nut butter, or jelly.
- Arrowroot flour and Tapioca Starch/flour can be used interchangeably.
- Use a dairy-free cream cheese for the frosting to keep the pumpkin bread paleo-friendly.
- Coat the pan with a spritz of coconut oil before you add the batter.
Save Paleo Pumpkin Bread To Pinterest For Later
Other Paleo Dessert Recipes You'll Enjoy
Paleo Pumpkin Bread
- Loaf Pan
For the Bread
- 2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Arrowroot or Tapioca Starch
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 Cup Applesauce
- 1/3 Cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Puree
Cream Cheese Maple Syrup
- 8 Oz Cream Cheese Softened at Room Temp (Use DF for Paleo)
- 3 Tablespoons Maple Syrup (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil at Room Temp (divided)
- 2 Tablespoons Almond Milk (divided)
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Pinch of Pumpkin Spice
- Preheat the oven to 350. Spritz your loaf pan with coconut oil or use parchment paper.
- Add the almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking soda, and pumpkin spice to a large mixing bowl. Whisk until combined well.
- To the same bowl add the egg, applesauce, maple syrup, vanilla, and pumpkin. Mix until completely combined.
- Bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes. You should be able to insert a toothpick or knife into the bread and have it come out clean. Let cool completely before adding frosting.
Cream Cheese Maple Frosting
- Add the cream cheese to a kitchen aid stand mixer or handheld electric mixer and mix on medium speed for 2-3 minutes. Add the maple syrup, 1 tablespoon at a time while continuously mixing. Add the coconut oil one tablespoon, while mixing, and repeat with almond milk. Add the vanilla extract and pumpkin spice.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl. Mix for another minute.
Hungry For More?
Share or Save for Later.
Subscribe For Recipes and More
Let’s Connect 🙂