Keto Zucchini Pie (Gluten Free)
All my recipes are gluten free, so obviously, this Gluten Free Zucchini Pie is no exception. This pie is perfect for meal prepping breakfast for the week, a snack, or even lunch. You can also serve it as a side dish for dinner! Even non-keto family and kiddos will love this cheesey pie!
If you follow my blog, you know I love to sneak to veggies into all kinds of recipes like my Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche, and Flourless Zucchini Brownies. But I REALLY love sneaking fruits veggies into breakfast, so this is an ideal meal! Other ways to add fruits and veggies to breakfast Overnight Chia Pudding, KETO EGGPLANT FRENCH TOAST :0 Gluten Free Banana Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins.
One Bowl Wonder
Is there anything better than a meal that only requires one bowl? I shouldn’t even complain Dave does dishes most of the time. I cook he cleans 🙂 Mostly because he thinks I over stack the dishwasher, but that’s beside the point. On sometimes I do the dishes and I really should start to save it for one bowl recipes! Even better, this recipe will give you multiple breakfasts, so that means one bowl today and no bowls for the rest of the week. It’s like a super win!
What Makes This Keto & Gluten Free?
The Keto Diet is a low carb, high fat diet made to keep your body in a fat burning state called Ketosis. Gluten Free, simply means you eliminate any gluten from your diet, gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley and rye. Wheat is naturally high in carbohydrates, so by cutting out the wheat, many Keto recipes can naturally be gluten free, and vice versa. However, this isn’t always the case so make sure you check ingredients to find out if something is suitable for your particular needs.
Typical Zucchini pie recipes use Bisquick mix, which is loaded with carbs and gluten, we swap that out for almond flour. Zucchini is a great vegetable to eat during keto because it is naturally low in carbs. All fruits and vegetables are naturally gluten free as well. Cheese contains zero to no carbs so is considered keto, and most cheeses are gluten free. Just beware of some blue cheese dressings.
- Zucchini Grated
- Onion Diced
- Almond Flour
- High quality Parmesan Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella
- Cheddar Cheese
- Avocado Oil (Can sub olive or coconut)
How to Make Keto Zucchini Pie
- Mix all the ingredients in one bowl.
- Bake the pie
YUPPPPP SO SIMPLE
Helpful Equipment and Ingredients (Direct from Amazon)
Tips, Recs, Subs
- The original recipe I adapted this from called for 1 cup of Bisquick, or all-purpose flour. To make it gluten-free, I subbed in Almond Flour or meal, but you can use any flour you want.
- A cheese box grater is perfect for grating zucchini. A quick tip when baking with zucchini, you should always salt it. This will draw the water out and then allow you to remove all the excess moisture so it won’t become soggy.
- Eggs – Make sure you whisk the eggs before you combine with other ingredients.
- Cheese – I used a combo of cheddar, parmesan, and mozzarella, but you can sub one for another if you want more less of one or another.
- Serve- Can be eaten hot or cold. It’s just as delicious eaten right out of the oven, heated in the microwave, or even eaten right out of the fridge.
Save To Pinterest For Later
Gluten Free Zucchini Pie
- Pie Dish
- Mixing Bowl
- 2-3 Small Zucchini Grated
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup High quality Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzerealla
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Eggs Whisked
- 1/4 Cup Avocado Oil (Can sub olive or coconut)
- Grate the zucchini, a box grater works great. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl. Will form a thick almost dough like consistency. Grease pie dish, pour all ingredients into pie dish.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, top will be golden brown
Hungry For More?
Share, Save, Rate
Subscribe for Recipes and More
Connect With Me!