Gluten Free Zucchini Pie
All my recipes are gluten free, so obviously, this Gluten Free Zucchini Pie is no exception. This is perfect for meal prepping breakfast for the week, a snack, or even lunch. You can also serve it as a side dish for dinner! If you follow my blog, you know I love to sneak to veggies into all kinds of recipes like my Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche, and Flourless Zucchini Brownies. But I REALLY love sneaking veggies into breakfast, so this is an ideal meal!
I’ve been doing these little current updates post since we’ve gone into lockdown from the Corona Virus. I don’t even know what day of lockdown we are into now, but it’s probably been around 6 weeks. It’s such a weird time right now, our entire lives have been flipped upside down, yet every day feels the same. It’s all one big blur. Yesterday we went food shopping and even that is completely different than it was just a few weeks ago. We had to wait in line for over 45 minutes 6 feet apart from everyone else just to get into the store. There are signs everywhere that you won’t be allowed in without masks as per the governor’s orders. Bars were open selling cocktails and drinks to go out of their windows. Nothing is how it was, yet every day feels the same.
One Bowl Wonder
Is there anything better than a meal that only requires one bowl? I shouldn’t even complain Dave does dishes most of the time. I cook he cleans 🙂 Also, he thinks I over stack the dishwasher, but that’s beside the point. I still am so happy to find a recipe that only requires one bowl. Even better, this recipe will give you multiple breakfasts, so that means one bowl today and no breakfast dishes for the rest of the week. It’s like a super win!
Tips, Recs, Swaps
- The original recipe calls for 1 cup of Bisquick, or all-purpose flour. To make it gluten-free, I subbed in Almond Flour or meal, but you can use any flour you want.
- A cheese box grater is perfect for grating zucchini. A quick tip when baking with zucchini, you should always salt it. This will draw the water out and then allow you to remove all the excess moisture so it won’t become soggy.
- Eggs – Make sure you whisk the eggs ahead of time.
- Cheese – I used a combo of cheddar, parmesan, and mozzarella, but you can sub one for another if you want more less of one or another.
- Serve- Can be eaten hot or cold. Eat right out of the oven, heated in the microwave, or even eaten right out of the fridge.
You can have all the ingredients delivered to you directly from Whole Foods with FREE DELIVERY in 2 hours or less, through Amazon Prime. Use this link for a free 30-day trial. If you are low income and receive EBT or other government benefits, you may qualify for a reduced rate of $5.99/month.
Save to Pinterest for Later
Gluten Free Zucchini Pie
- Pie Dish
- Mixing Bowl
- 2-3 Small Zucchini Grated
- 1 Small Onion Diced
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup High quality Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Shredded Mozzerealla
- 1/2 Cup Cheddar Cheese
- 3 Eggs Whisked
- 1/4 Cup Avocado Oil (Can sub olive or coconut)
- Grate the zucchini, a box grater works great. Combine all other ingredients in a bowl. Will form a thick almost dough like consistency. Grease pie dish, pour all ingredients into pie dish.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes, top will be golden brown
Enjoyed Gluten Free Zucchini Pie?
If you enjoyed this Gluten Free Zucchini Pie Recipe, please give it a share, like or comment below. Follow me on social media Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. Here are some other recipes you might enjoy.
- Easy Breakfast Egg Cups
- Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
- Overnight Chia Pudding
- Flourless Zucchini Brownies