Garlic Parsley Carrot Fries
My Garlic Parmesan Carrot fries, were such a hit I decided to make this Vegan, Paleo & Whole 30 friendly version, Garlic Parsley Carrot Fries. These crisp up perfectly in the air fryer, in just a few minutes. In my opinion they are better than the Sweet Potato fries. Honestly, in this version you don’t even miss the cheese, they make an excellent Whole 30 & Paleo friendly snack or side!
Happy Fry-YAY! What better way to celebrate than with some air-fried fries 🙂 Another week of lockdown in the books! NYC finally seems to be starting to see a slowing down of the spread of coronavirus. Hopefully, we’ll start to see a lessening in the restrictions soon. I just want to go out, and get my nails done and hit up a brunch with friends! I was thinking it was harder because the weather was getting warmer, but today the low is in the 30’s and possibly snow? We are in May, right? But I guess that theory was proved wrong.
I have been really focused on starting and continuing with healthy habits. Trying to add one every week or so. So far I’ve mastered goal writing in the morning and evening, working out every day with 15 minutes of Yoga first the thing in the morning, and a beach body workout. Then I cut out sugar, and increased my water intake. This week I’m all about working on gut health, incorporating bone broth in more, avoiding inflammatory foods, and staying consistent with my supplement regimen. I don’t know about you, but my gut health definitely needs a boost after what I put it through the first few weeks of quarantine. What positive habits are you trying to incorporate into your new normal? Let me know in the comments below.
“What’s Up Doc?”
Bugs Bunny loves carrots, but I bet I could give him a run for his money. I could eat carrots and hummus every day for a snack. In fact, when I was working, I’m pretty sure snack prepped Carrots and Hummus every single day. Hummus isn’t Paleo complaint, so when I’m not eating hummus and legumes, I’ll dip carrots in guacamole.
I love carrots in dip, carrots in salad, even carrots in cake. But I had never thought to have them as fries, until recently. It might be one of my biggest regrets that I never had them sooner. I can’t believe I’m going to say this, but I think they might actually be better than sweet potato fried. Never did I think I’d like a fry more than a perfectly crisp sweet potato fry, yet, here we are. I highly suggest you eat this with the sriracha dipping sauce. However, you’d need to use vegan mayo to keep it vegan compliant.
Nerdy Health Stuff
Carrots are mostly made up of carbs and water, despite that they are relatively low on the glycemic index. That is the scale that tells you how quickly a food will spike your blood sugar, the lower the better. Refined carbs like donuts and white breads tend to be very high, causing the ups and downs in insulin levels, leading to problems later on. Carrots are a great source of beta carotene, which has often associated with eye health, but has a whole host of other benefits. They also are very high in vitamin K, and B complexes, and biotin, which is extremely important for protein synthesis and cell metabolism. Read all about the other health benefits of carrots here.
The other ingredient is Garlic which has its own host of benefits. Scientists believe the health benefits come from the sulfur compounds that break down when garlic is chewed, crushed, or chopped. Garlic can do wonders for your immune system, a PubMed study found that garlic supplements reduced the instance of common colds among recipients compared to the placebo group. You know the myth about garlic warding off vampires? Well did you know that it has been told for hundreds of years in cultures all over the globe from China to the Philippines even the Ancient Greeks believed garlic had the power to cure disease and ward off evil spirits?
Tips, Recs, Subs
- These garlic parsley carrot fries crisp up great in the air fryer. If you don’t have an air fryer, I can’t recommend it enough. I linked the model that I have below, and have nothing but good things to say about it.
- If you don’t have an air fryer, you can also bake in the regular oven. Bake at 400 degrees, for 15 minutes flipping halfway through.
- I peel the carrots first, I love this OXO swivel peeler, it’s one of my favorite kitchen gadgets that I have. Then I cut in half lengthwise, cut in half and then cut each one into sticks.
- Make sure you preheat the air fryer first. This will give you the crispiest results. Because the outsides will start to bake as soon as you put them on the hot plate.
- This works the same in the oven when you preheat your oven leave your baking tray in there so it’s really hot when you place the carrots on it.
- Want to change it up? Try these Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries.
- If you don’t have olive oil, you can sub in avocado or coconut oil.
You can have all the ingredients delivered to you directly from Whole Foods with FREE DELIVERY in 2 hours or less, through Amazon Prime. Make sure you use this link for a free 30-day trial. If you are low income and receive EBT or other government benefits, you may qualify for a reduced rate of $5.99/month.
Save Garlic Parsley Carrot Fries to Pinterest For Later
Garlic Parsley Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer (or baking sheet)
- 3 Carrots Cut into the sticks the size of a fries.
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1 Clove garlic chopped finely
- 1 Handful parsley chopped
Sriracha Mayo Dipping Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Mayo
- Squirt sriracha
- Preheat Air Fryer at 390 for 5 minutes. (See Notes for oven instructions) Cut the carrots in sticks about the size of a french fry. Add to a mixing bowl with oil, garlic and parsley. Toss to combine well.
- Coat the air fryer with a spritz of olive oil. Cook carrots at 390 for 4 minutes, then shake basket to toss, and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Sriracha Mayo Dipping Sauce
- Mix Sriracha and mayo well.
Enjoyed Garlic Parsley Carrot Fries?
If you enjoyed this Paleo Skirt Steak Taco Recipe, please give it a share, like or comment below. Follow me on social media Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. Here are some other recipes you might enjoy.
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes
- Taco Meat Stuffed Sweet Potato
- Sesame Roasted Asparagus
- Whole 30/Paleo Stuffed Peppers