Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries
Yes, these Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries are as good as they sound. It’s quite the winning combination! The sweetness of the carrots, tang of garlic, and then the creaminess of the parmesan, all intertwine to make the perfect bite! I didn’t know even know carrot fries were a thing until a week ago, and I’m really bummed that I’ve been walking the earth for 31 years without knowing about them. Don’t you hate when you find something out, and you’re not sure if you happy you know it or more pissed off because you missed it out on it for so long? Life is quite the balancing act huh?
I started doing these little current updates when NYC first went into lockdown, about 6 or 7 weeks ago now. It’s such a crazy time. Dave and I are supposed to be getting married in December, so it’s been stressful trying to plan on what we will be doing. Do we cancel now and change plans while we still have an out? Do we put in more time, effort, and money continuing to plan and then risk having to pull out at the list minute? It’s a lot to think about and consider.
Anybody else struggling to stay motivated lately? In the beginning, I was doing ok, in fact I’d say I was holding up better than I expected. But last week, it felt like everything hit me with a ton of bricks, and I haven’t really gotten out of the funk since. Every day feels the same. Everything is just so blah, nobody we talk to has any good news. Hopefully, things will start to get better, and I started a new daily workout routine today too. I’m hoping that will help bring me back some energy and start to make me feel better. I’m still trying to focus on eating better and cut out the sugar. Whenever I cut out excess sugar a week later, I always feel better! How are you all holding up? What are you struggling with? What are some positive changes you’ve made that have helped you out? Let me know in the comments below.
Romaine Calm And Carrot On
I love veggies. I always feel bad if I eat a meal without any veggies in it. Although, that rarely happens. These Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries are a super delicious side dish that comes together in 10 minutes from start to finish! I don’t know why it took me so long to try carrot fries, but I am glad I did. They are a little sweet like sweet potato fries, but a little less mushy. I could eat these carrot fries every night. I wish I made more so I could eat them again tonight and tomorrow.
Nerdy Health Stuff
Deep down, I am such a nerd! I love knowing random facts and stupid little tidbits of info that do nothing but start a conversation at a party and have people go huh, didn’t know that. So here are all the nerdy things you could ever want to know about carrots.
Carrots are mostly made up of carbs and water, despite that they are relatively low on the glycemic index. That is the scale that tells you how quickly a food will spike your blood sugar, the lower the better. Refined carbs like donuts and white breads tend to be very high, causing the ups and downs in insulin levels, leading to problems later on. Carrots are a great source of beta carotene, which has often associated with eye health, but has a whole host of other benefits. They also are very high in vitamin K, and B complexes, and biotin, which is extremely important for protein synthesis and cell metabolism. Read all about the other health benefits of carrots here.
Tips, Recs, Subs For Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries
- The Air Fryer is perfect for this recipe! It crisps the outside of these fries while keeping them fluffy and not soggy in the inside. If you don’t have an air fryer I use the Ninja Foodie one below and can’t recommend it enough.
- You could also Bake these Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Don’t have garlic? Sub in garlic powder.
- Make sure you use high-quality fresh parmesan, the kind in that you find in the refrigerated section. Cheese should not be shelf stable!
- Oil – I used olive oil, but you can also use avocado oil or coconut oil.
You can have all the ingredients delivered to you directly from Whole Foods with FREE DELIVERY in 2 hours or less, through Amazon Prime. Use this link for a free 30-day trial. If you are low income and receive EBT or other government benefits, you may qualify for a reduced rate of $5.99/month.
Save To Pinterest For Later
Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries
- Air Fryer
- 3-4 Medium to Large Carrots peeled
- 1/4 Cup Parmesan
- 1 Clove Garlic diced and chopped fine, or 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Sriracha Aoli Dipping Sauce (optional)
- 3 Tablespoons Mayo
- a squirt of Sriracha
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 390. (*See below for oven instructions*)Peel your carrots into sticks similar sized to french fries. Add all ingredients to mixing bowl and toss until combined, leave some extra parmesan on the side for after the carrots are done cooking.
- "Air Fry" for 4 minutes, give the basket a shake to move the fries around then fry for 4 more minutes. Top with additional parmesan cheese and salt while still hot. Enjoy.
Sriracha Aioli Dipping Sauce (optional)
- Combine mayo and sriracha, add more sriracha for the desired level of heat.
Enjoyed Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries?
If you enjoyed this Garlic Parmesan Carrot Fries recipe, please give it a share, like or comment below. Follow me on social media Pinterest, Instagram and Facebook. Here are some other recipes you might enjoy.
- Cilantro Lime Rice
- Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
- 10 Minute Shredded Chicken
- Air Fryer Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken Tenders