Frozen PB Banana Bites
If you are looking for a simple, no-bake, healthy snack or dessert, look no further than these Frozen PB Banana Bites. So simple to put together and absolutely delicious. I’ve been eating these for years and was excited to see them in the frozen section recently. However, they were so expensive. I assume, like chocolate-covered strawberries, they are considered labor-intensive. Surprisingly though, they are so simple to make—no need to pay $9 for 15 pieces. I couldn’t believe that price when I saw it, and honestly, they probably aren’t even as good 🙂
It’s a rainy Saturday here in New York, not that the day or weather matter anymore. Everything just seems to blend together, when you are couped up in the same apartment all day and all night. Tonight Dave and I will be hosting a game night with friends. This will be the most exciting thing that’s happened since we had a game night with another group of friends about a week ago. I know people are going through so much, and so I keep trying to stay grateful for our situation.
Yes, we miss family, yes we are bored, and yes, we are living in a small apartment. Of course, it sucks that we have to wait on line to get into food stores only to find some of the things we want are not stocked. BUT we are both safe, and our families are home safe and healthy. That’s what we all need to remember in this. We’re not just staying home to stay home, and we are doing it to protect ourselves, our loved ones and the loved ones of 350 million other Americans. So if you are able to do it, try and be grateful!
Peanut Butter Banana Time
Full disclosure I am a big PB fan, so I’m probably a little bias towards these delicious snacks. If I had to name my top 3 favorite candies, I think they would all contain Peanut Butter. One of all time favorite combos is PB and chocolate, but add in bananas and I am over the moon. Reeses has all kinds of flavors, I wonder why they never did banana?! Someone at Mars Bars needs to get on that ASAP! Hold off the 10,000 M&M flavors and start adding PB Banana combos. Does anybody actually eat candy corn M&M’s anyway?! Yes that’s a real flavor, google it!
Tips, Recs, Subs
- If you need a Whole 30 snack, skip the chocolate and swap PB for almond butter. Paleo version of this, you can use Almond butter, and you can use dark-dairy free chocolate.
- You can use any Chocolate that you want, but to keep it vegan and dairy-free, Paleo or Whole 30 make sure that your chocolate is dairy-free. I am a big fan of Enjoy Life. Not a sponsored post, I love this brand to ensure my chocolate is free from all the allergens.
- The best way to store these is in the freezer. However, you can also store the chocolate bananas in the fridge, if you want them chilled and not totally frozen.
- The best way to melt your chocolate is to microwave 30 seconds at a time, making sure in between to stir. I always add just a little, not even 1/2 a teaspoon of coconut oil when melting chocolate, it helps it melt a bit better and makes the chocolate easier to work with.
Frozen PB Banana Bites
- 1-2 Bananas
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1/4 Cup Melted Chocolate (make sure it is dairy free for vegan )
- Cut the bananas into small thin slices, add a small amount of peanut butter to 1/2 the slices. Place another slice on top.
- Place prepared banana slices on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper. Freeze for at least 20 minutes. Melt chocolate in microwave for 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between until it is completely smooth. Dip 1/2 of banana slice into chocolate, place back in freezer for 20 minutes. Enjoy. Store in air tight container freezer or fridge.
Enjoyed Frozen PB Banana Bites?
- GF Banana Donuts
- Flourless Zucchini Brownies
- 15 Healthyish Desserts to Bake During Quarantine
- Chickepea Edible Cookie Dough