Easiest Turkey Taco Meat
I am all about easy peasy recipes, and this Easiest Turkey Taco Meat is about as easy as it gets! I love my Veggie Loaded Taco Meat Recipe, but with the current state of affairs, I didn’t have all the ingredients for that, and it’s not as easy to run to the store these days. But I had ground turkey and salsa, and therefore I had a meal 🙂 This recipe is low carb and paleo friendly.
The world seems to still be in a state of absolute craziness, with seemingly no end in sight. NYC Mayor De Blasio just extended the ban of gatherings ad events through the end of June, and today is only April 21st. I have been stress eating and baking up a storm, but I can’t go on another two months like that, so last night I decided that it was it and I was going to quit sugar. To be fair, I am still having fruits, veggies, and the natural sugars found in food. Just no processed or refined sugars. I don’t know if you any of you guys have done so, if you haven’t I highly recommend it. Although the first 3-5 days are horrific, the benefits on the other side will quite literally change your life.
With everything going on, my anxiety has been sky high, my energy has plummeted, and moods seem to fluctuate between to those points at a moments notice. I know it’s because what I’ve been eating, and I can no longer use a global crisis as an excuse, because what is that going to do for me? It’s not like having an excuse is going to make me feel any better, so what good does it do? So time to start making some positive changes. I have been doing 10-15 minutes of yoga first thing and right before bed, which seems to help. However, I know the significant changes will come when I get my eating habits back on track. How have you guys been coping? I love connecting with all of you, so drop a comment below and let me know what you positive changes you’ve been making.
Nothing like a good alliteration, Throwback Thursday, Wellness Wednesday, and of course, my favorite Taco Tuesday! I love tacos in all forms, shrimp, fish, beef, and now I can add turkey to that list! The great thing about these tacos is how quick and easy they are. Besides the spice blend, its ONLY two ingredients! How great is that? I think we all need some budget-friendly meals right now, and this is a perfect solution.
Tips, Recs, Subs
- Turkey – I know that turkey is in the name of this recipe, but you could easily swap in ground beef or chicken as well.
- If you don’t have salsa, you can use diced tomatoes. A half of can drained and a little tomato paste.
- You can add other veggies to this if you want, onions, and peppers, simply saute them first.
- Toppings – Tacos are all about toppings! You can get as creative as you want, cheese, salsa, sour cream, extra salsa, avocado, olives, lettuce.
- If you don’t want to use a typical taco shell, try swapping in a sweet potato pictured above.
Easiest Turkey Taco Meat
- Cast iron or non stick skillet
- 1 Tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 lb Ground Turkey Meat
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- 1/2 16 oz Jar Salsa
- Optional toppings. Tortillas or taco shell of choice, olives, avocado, lettuce, tomato, cheese, sour cream.
- Heat oil on med-high heat in a non-stick skillet or cast iron pan. Add turkey, salt, pepper, and all spices. Begin to brown meat, stirring occassionally so it does not burn. Should take about 5-7 minutes. Add salsa, continue to cook for another 3-5 minutes until salsas has cooked down and is no longer watery.
- Remove from heat, serve in tacos with any desired toppings. To keep Paleo/Keto complaint can be served over lettuce with additional salsa, avocado, and olives. For Keto, can add cheese as well.
Enjoyed Easiest Turkey Taco Meat?
If you enjoyed Easiest Turkey Taco Meat please share, leave a like or comment below and follow me on social media. Instagram, and Pinterest, and Facebook. Where I usually post a new recipe a day! Here are some other posts you might enjoy.
- Instapot Veggie Loaded Taco Meat
- Whole 30 Buffalo Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken Tenders