Recipe for the Easiest Overnight Chia Pudding!
If you are are looking for a quick grab and go breakfast, then this Easiest Overnight Chia Pudding is made for you! I don’t know about you guys, but I need my breakfast to be prepped and ready to run out the door with me, or else I’ll end up stopping to grab a donut or croissant instead :/ But with a recipe this easy, there is literally no excuse not to eat a filling, healthy breakfast! BONUS.. it only takes two ingredients!!! It’s Vegan, Whole 30 & Paleo-friendly.
Tips, Recs & Subs
- Chia seeds – which are loaded with fiber! This is great because fiber is good for us for many reasons. It helps with weight loss, lowering cholesterol, maintaining blood sugar, and the all-important gut biome, to name a few 🙂
- Milk Alternative – You can sub pretty much any milk alternative in here. You can use whatever you prefer, coconut, almond, or oat. If you don’t have some in this house, try my super easy three ingredient Homemade Oat Milk. However, keep in mind Oat Milk is not paleo or Whole 30 friendly.
- Consistency – I find that a 1 cup of milk to 1/4 cup of chia seeds gives this recipe a lovely thick pudding-like consistency, but depending on the milk choice and what you consistency you like, you might need to play around with the ratio a bit.
You can have all the ingredients delivered to you directly from Whole Foods with FREE DELIVERY in 2 hours or less, through Amazon Prime. Use this link for a free 30-day trial. However, if you are low income and receive EBT or other government benefits, you may want to see if you qualify for a reduced rate of $5.99/month.
All The Combinations
When it comes to overnight chia pudding, the combinations are limitless. I’ve photographed a few of my favorites for you to see. But this is where the fun begins. You get to be as creative as you want! Below are a few of my go-to’s but try whatever and let me know how it comes out 🙂
- Blueberry Honey – Fresh blueberries and honey. Is there a more perfect combo out there? Doubtful. The best option for honey is local. However, there are plenty of good store-bought organic and unfiltered raw honey options out there! Because honey is an animal by-product, to keep this recipe vegan, you can swap maple syrup for the honey!
- Banana and Almond Butter – Such a classic combo, and super delicious. If not following Paleo or Whole 30 feel free to swap in PB for this one.
- Apple Pie – this one requires some work, but it’s oh so good. First, I’ll saute some chopped up apples with a little butter (or Ghee if Paleo/Whole 30) and a teaspoon of apple pie spice! As a result, you get nothing but ….Yum, yum, yum!!!!
Overnight Chia Pudding
- 1 cup coconut milk Or sub any nut milk*
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- toppings of your choice
- Add chia seed and milk to mason jar, shake well. Place in fridge overnight or for 6 hours. Top with desired ingredients
Enjoyed Easiest Overnight Chia Pudding?
If you enjoyed this Easiest Overnight Chia PuddingRecipe, please give it a share, like or comment below. Follow me on social media Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. Here are some other recipes you might enjoy.
- Easy Breakfast Egg Cups
- Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust
- Edible Cookie Dough Made from Chickpeas (vegan)
- Gluten-Free Zucchini Pie
*This was originally posted on 2/5/20 but has been updated with new information