Easiest Homemade Instantpot Applesauce
This recipe is the Easiest Homemade Instantpot Applesauce out there. Add the ingredients to the instantpot, set for 8 minutes and voila you have healthy refined sugar free applesauce. It’s Whole 30, Paleo and Vegan friendly. It’s a delicious snack or dessert, add it as a side for your breakfast or use it in your baking recipes. This applesauce stays in the fridge for up to 10 days or can freeze for three months.
Another day in lockdown. I’ve never been much of a baker, I’ll make simple recipes here and there but as I get more bored during the lockdown, turns out I’ve been baking more. Last night I made vanilla extract in the instatpot, that recipe should be up tomorrow. Today I plan on baking double chocolate zucchini bread and paleo chocolate chip cookies. Fingers crossed that they come out okay, and I’ll be able to post them in the upcoming week.
I can’t believe its May already. It somehow feels like April was the longest and shortest month at the same time. Anybody else feel that way? NYC is showing no signs of opening up anytime soon, and I don’t know how I’m going to get through another month like April. With the weather getting nice, it’s going to be even harder. But I’m grateful I have the blog to keep me busy! I hope all of you are holding up alright. Let me know in the comments what you’re doing to stay active!
Apple of My Eye
I’ve always loved applesauce. Ever since I was little it’s been a favorite of mine. But it’s hard finding one in the store that doesn’t have added sugar AND taste good. That’s the problem with our food industry, always adding sugars, preservatives, and all kinds of things that don’t belong there in the first place. Then it doesnt even taste as good as the real homemade stuff! This recipe is one of the best applesauce I’ve ever had. The cinnamon is subtle yet delicious, and that hint of ginger that lingers a second after, man, is it good!
The best part about this recipe is how easy it is. Throw everything in the instantpot, set for 8 minutes, and that’s it, you are done—no blending, mashing, or pureeing. This Easiest Homemade Instantpot Applesauce is a perfect for baby food, just leave out the ginger and cinnamon. You can store it in the fridge for up to 10 days, and the best part you can freeze for it for later, for up to three months. Did you know you can use applesauce to replace butter in baking recipes? You can use it as a 1:1 ratio for butter. Convert your favorite baking recipes to vegan with this little healthy little swap!
Nerdy Health Stuff
An apple a day keeps the doctor away. We all know that saying, but it turns out there is some truth behind it. In a large study, people who consumed an apple day, had a 28% lower risk of type 2 diabetes than people who didn’t eat any apples. Apples contain an average of 4G of fiber per serving. Soluble fiber has a multitude of health benefits and is especially beneficial for heart health. Studies have shown it can lower cholesterol, low blood pressure, and inflammation of the arteries. All of these can have a significant impact on overall heart health.
Cinnamon. Although we only used a small amount of cinnamon in this recipe. Throughout history, cinnamon has been used for its health benefits. And you only need a small amount. Some say as little as half a teaspoon a day can help you start reaping the rewards. Cinnamon can lower blood sugar, and some studies suggest another benefit is helping to prevent type 2 diabetes. One of the most powerful properties of this tree bark is it’s antimicrobial and antifungal properties. Another use outside the kitchen? The essential oil is a natural insect repellent along with eucalyptus and star anise.
Tips, Recs, Subs
- First off if you don’t have an instanpot I highly recommend one. I used mine three times today alone! I have so many great instanpot recipes from my 10 Minute Shredded Chicken to Veggie Loaded Taco Meat. Below is the one that I have that I highly suggest.
- Ginger- The ginger is optional, but it really deepens the flavor of this Easiest Homemade Instantpot Applesauce. Bonus, fresh ginger, is chock full of health benefits!
- To peel the apples I used OXO peeler, we got it as a small gift off our Wedding Registry. Although, it’s not expensive, and it’s the best peeler I’ve ever used. Also, I used this apple slicer, which saves a ton of time coring apples. I got it years ago and use it all the time!
- When you’ve finished, you don’t need to do anything with the applesauce if you want it super smooth though you can use an immersion blender for a few seconds.
- This recipe is great for baby food, just leave out the cinnamon and ginger.
- Applesauce makes a simple swap for butter in different baked desserts because it is a 1:1 ratio. Try it out to make your recipes vegan, or just a little a little bit healthier.
- This applesauce keeps in the fridge for ten days. Or store for later ,in an airtight container in the freezer for up to three months.
You can have all the ingredients delivered to you directly from Whole Foods with FREE DELIVERY in 2 hours or less, through Amazon Prime. Make sure you use this link for a free 30-day trial. If you are low income and receive EBT or other government benefits, you may qualify for a reduced rate of $5.99/month.
Save Easiest Homemade Instantpot Applesauce To Pinterest For Later
Easiest Homemade Instantpot Applesauce
- 6 Apples I used 3 honeycrips and 3 granny smith. But any preference will do
- 1 Cup Water
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger (optional)
- Peel and core apples, rough chop into smaller pieces. Add water, cinnamon, ginger and lemon juice to instantpot. Add apples to instantpot and mix to coat with lemon water.
- Make sure instantpot is set to "sealing mode." Turn on Manual Pressure, High for 8 minutes. Let pressure naturally release for 5-7 minutes, quick release remaining pressure. Remove lid, and stir. Top with extra cinnamon. Store in the fridge for up to 10 days. Store in an air tight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Enjoyed Easiest Homemade Instantpot Applesauce?
If you enjoyed this Easiest Homemade Instantpot Applesauce Recipe, please give it a share, like or comment below. Follow me on social media Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. Here are some other recipes you might enjoy.