Share or Save For Later
Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Latte
If you are looking for a healthy take on the classic PSL, look no further than this Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte. Would you be shocked if I told you a Grande PSL at Starbucks has 50G, 12.5 teaspoons, sugar, and 52G of carbs? I was! Dave and I are a round of Whole, and there was no way I was missing my favorite fall beverage, so I knew I had to recreate a refined sugar-free, healthier version. My Dairy-Free Pumpkin Spice Latte has only 1.25 G of carb, and no added sugar. I will warn you though it is not sweet at all, so if you need that sweetness, you may want to add maple syrup for Paleo/Vegan version or your favorite keto sweetener. I think it’s and delicious as is but also haven’t had any sugar besides fruit in over 2 weeks! So know that you have the option to make it sweeter if you need to.
All About The Fall Foods and Bevs
Fall is ABSOLUTELY my favorite time of the year! I love all the fall foods and beverages. I have lots of new recipes for the fall that will be added to the blog very soon. I don’t care how “basic” or “overhyped” pumpkin might be. I have no problem admitting it’s still my favorite. That’s the best part about being 30; you just know who you are. You get to say guess what world, don’t care what you think, deal with it. Yes I like pumpkin, I also like T Swift and Jonas Brothers, and I couldn’t care less what anybody thinks about that!
Not only does this beverage scream fall, it will fall into most dietary restrictions. It’s Whole 30 Friendly, Paleo, Keto, and vegan. So this is a delicious drink choice for everybody! If you don’t like coffee, just add more almond milk, want it stronger? Add a shot of espresso. The options are unlimited with this PSL.
What Makes This Dish Whole 30, Paleo, Keto and Vegan Friendly?
I usually take a minute to explain what makes each recipe on this site fall into the dietary categories so my readers a better idea of what each diet, and how to fit this recipe into their specific needs. Whole 30 and Paleo diets focus on eating whole foods that are minimally processed, avoiding any inflammatory ingredients, like gluten, grains, dairy, and legumes. All of the these ingredients are Whole 30 and Paleo friendly, but you need to make sure that you check the labels. The pumpkin should be pumpkin puree only, no pumpkin pie filling with other stuff. Also you’ll need to make sure that you’re almond milk is unsweetened, and free from gums and carrageenan. Always check the labels! On paleo you are allowed to have unrefined sweeteners like honey or maple syrup, but those are not allowed on Whole 30. But if you want a sweeter taste those are a great paleo option. Maple syrup is also vegan.
Keto is a diet focused on keeping the body in a state of ketosis. In this state, the body starts to burn fat for fuel. You do this by consuming under a certain number of carbs per day, typically 20G or less. As long as you use pure pumpkin puree, not pie filling with added sugar, and unsweetened almond milk this recipe has only 1.25 G of carbs as is. You can add your favorite Keto sweetener to make it as sweet as you want. I don’t use an artificial sweeteners, so I don’t have an honest recommendation of which is best, but it is an option for you.
What Ingredients Do You Need?
- Cold brew or strong brewed coffee.
- Almond Milk
- Pure Pumpkin Puree
- Pumpkin Spice
- Optional: Dairy Free Whipped Cream Topping, Maple Syrup or Keto Sweetener,
How To Make It
- Combine all ingredients in blender or high speed food processor.
- For a hot latte, heat over the stove for 5 minutes.
- For iced latte pour directly over ice.
- Add dairy free whipped cream and more spice.
Helpful Equipment and Ingredients (Directly From Amazon)
Want Simple Healthy Recipes Sent Directly To You?
Watch Me Make It
Tips, Recs, Subs
- You can serve this beverage hot or iced. To serve it hot, heat on the stove for five minutes after you blend it. To serve cold pour from blender directly over ice.
- This is not a sweet recipe because no sweeteners are allowed on Whole 30. For Paleo and vegan, add 1-2 Tablespoons of maple syrup to the blender. For Keto, add your favorite Keto Sweetener.
- Add dairy-free whipped cream to make this even more of a treat.
- Want it stronger? Add a shot of espresso?
- Want to make it caffeine-free? Double the amount of the almond milk.
- For Whole 30, Keto & Paleo, make sure your almond milk is unsweetened and compliant. (No gums, or additives) I love Califia Farms.
Save Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Latte To Pinterest For Later
Other Fall Recipes You'll Love
Dairy Free Pumpkin Spice Latte
- High speed blender or food processor
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Cup Cold Brew or strong coffee
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Teaspoon Pumpkin Spice
- Optional: Maple syrup, Keto sweetener, dairy free whipped cream
- Blend all the ingredients together for 45seconds to one minute. (If Paleo or Keto and want this recipe to be sweeter add 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup or your favorite keto sweetner, with all other ingredients)
- For a hot latte, heat on the stove top for 5 minutes. For a cold latte pour directly over ice.
- Add optional dairy free whipped cream topping and extra spice, enjoy!
- Try this recipe with dairy free whipped cream topping to make it extra special.
Hungry For More?
Share or Save for Later.
Subscribe For Recipes and More
Let’s Connect 🙂