Cilantro Lime Rice
This Cilantro Lime Rice recipe is the perfect way to brighten up plain boring rice. While, I typically don’t eat regular rice, I usually opt for lower carb options, like cauliflower rice, sometimes I just want some healthy carbs! . Honestly, as a result of everything going on, I started incorporating some healthier carbs from pantry staple items that I maybe wouldn’t have a few weeks ago. However, I always make sure I add fresh ingredients when possible. It’s amazing what a handful of fresh herbs will do to a dish 🙂
Cilantr-Oh My God This Is So Easy & Delicious
When I say EASY, I mean easy! Herbs, butter, lime. That’s it! Could it be any simpler? I don’t think so! The best thing about how this recipe is how simple it is. I used boil in a bag rice, and as a result the whole dish went from box to table in 10 minutes! Rice can be so boring, but not this one. Even though this recipe cooks quickly, it manages to be packed with tons of flavor!
Today has been 22 days since I’ve home from work, and 13 days since all of NYS has been put “on pause” as we are now calling it. It’s such a weird time, today is Saturday, but that means nothing at all anymore! Lately, it feels like every time I talk to someone, I find about someone getting laid off, or someone losing a loved one to COVID-19. I am my absolute best to stay positive and grateful that our situation is better than so many others out there. My new goals for this week are 45 minutes of cardio and 45 minutes of yoga a day. I’d love to hear in the comments what you are trying to accomplish with all your free time.
When my company shut down, they were kind enough to pay us all through the end of the month. However, yesterday I had to file for unemployment. Although it took me 2 hours to register for unemployment, I was thankful. Of eight coworkers who needed to file, I was the only one who got through because the site was crashing. Scary times ahead! I hope all of you are reading this are in a better situation and can find the silver lining no matter how difficult that might feel right now.
Tips, Recs, Swaps
- Rice – You can use cauliflower rice for a low carb option if you’d like, everything will be the same. You can also use white or brown rice. It will not affect the recipe, whatever rice you choose.
- Try adding a little lime zest to enhance the flavor!
- Don’t have cilantro? This recipe can also be made with fresh parsley although it will have a slightly different flavor, it’s delicious nonetheless!
- Limes are ideal, but you could use lemon to brighten it up in a pinch.
- If you’re not dairy-free, try a little sprinkle of parmesan cheese on top!
Easiest Cilantro Lime Rice
- 2 Cups Cooked Rice
- 1 Tablespoon Butter or ghee
- 1 Handful finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Juice from fresh squeezed lime Can add the zest as well
- Finely chop cilantro. Add all ingredients to rice, with generous amounts of salt and pepper. If rice is not warm, melt butter first.
- Serve. Great as a side dish or base of a bowl. Can add some chicken and veggies and make it a complete meal!