Chili Lime Chicken Tenders
All my recipes on this site are gluten-free, and these Chili Lime Chicken Tenders are no exception. We replace traditional flour with almond flour or almond meal. This also makes these tenders, Whole 30, Paleo and Keto friendly. The spice from the chili and the citrus from the lime pack a flavor punch into every bite. However, what really puts these Chili Lime Chicken Tenders over the edge is the super simple sriracha lime aioli! I really hope you give it a try because it’s mouthwatering good!
It’s official NYC schools will not reopen for the remainder of the year. That means that the city will be most likely remain in lockdown through at least the end of June. NY cases and the number of deaths are starting to go down, which is excellent news, but the future still seems so uncertain. Connecticut is looking into a plan to begin reopening by next week. In that plan, they noted large venues and event spaces probably wouldn’t open for ten months. Although it fees like our wedding is a ways way, December is not that far. It’s still less than 10 months. Granted it’s on Long Island, not Connecticut. But if NY doesn’t open until after I think we are looking at following suit, our 200 person wedding will not be happening in December.
So much to think, so much uncertainty, it’s hard to plan anything right now. So we just have to go with the flow and hope for the best. Everything always works out as it should. My brother was supposed to get married at the end of this month, but that was pushed back. Luckily getting our money refunded with Delta was a breeze. Just two clicks on their website, and they said they would credit us back to our card for the flights. We are hoping that in June, things will be ok enough for us to travel down to Austin to see them! But who knows what will happen, all we can do is hope for the best!
Ain’t Nobody Got Lime For That
Ain’t nobody got time for long weeknight dinners, with lots of cleanup. That’s where these Chili Lime Chicken Tenders come in. They are cooked up super quick in the air fryer or oven, with just a few ingredients. The siracha lime aioli is the real cherry on top of this dish. You can also throw a bag of frozen veggies in the microwave, or a quick side of my Cilantro Lime Rice or 15 minute Simple Sesame Roasted Asparagus and now you have a complete meal.
Nerdy Health Stuff
I love limes! My favorite dessert is probably a good slice of key lime pie. I will squeeze fresh lime or lemon in water any chance I can get, because why not? The citric acid found in citrus fruits can help speed up your metabolism and burn extra calories. Limes are also loaded with vitamin C. One lime contains about 20% or your recommended daily intake. Did you know you can also use lime juice on your face to treat pimples? Check out this article for all the instructions.
Most people associate Citrus with vitamin C, but did you know that chili powder also contains lots of Vitamin C? That’s just one of the many benefits of this spicy little powder. Capsaicin, the main component of peppers that determines their spiciness, has all kinds of health benefits. It can rev up your metabolism, help fight inflammation and even help release endorphins. Which are your feel-good hormones. Add that spice to your life 🙂
Tips, Recs, Subs
- While my preferred way to cook these is in the air fryer, you can also cook in the oven, no problem. To cook in the oven, preheat to 400 degrees, and then bake for 20 minutes and flip halfway through. If you don’t have an air fryer but think it’s time to get one, this is the one that I have that I absolutely love!
- To give these Chili Lime Chicken Tenders, we add the fresh squeezed lime juice right to the egg wash, which will give it just the right about of subtle flavors. If you want a little more lime, use a Microplane, and add some zest to the almond flour mixture. You can also add extra lime zest to the chicken once it’s out of the air fryer or oven.
- If you want it a bit spicier, add some extra chili powder.
- The Siracha Lime Aoli is a must for this dish! Aoli is just fancy for a mayo-based sauce. But it’s insanely simple and only 3 ingredients. You won’t regret making this dipping sauce, because it’s THAT good! . I LOVE this primal kitchen Paleo approved mayo. Since it’s paleo, you know it’s made with minimally processed healthy ingredients, including avocado oil.
You can have all the ingredients delivered to you directly from Whole Foods with FREE DELIVERY in 2 hours or less, through Amazon Prime. Use this link for a free 30-day trial. If you are low income and receive EBT or other government benefits, you may qualify for a reduced rate of $5.99/month.
Save Chili Lime Chicken Tenders to Pinterest for Later
Chili Lime Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer (or baking sheet)
- 1-1/12 Lbs Chicken tenderloins or breasts meat cut into strips
- 2 Eggs Whisked
- 1 Lime Juiced and 1 tablespoon of lime zest
- 1/2 Cup Almond Flour
- 1 Tablespoon Chili Powder
- Olive oil spray or 1 tablespoon evenly distributed in the air fryer basket.
Siracha Lime Aoli Dipping Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Mayo
- Squirt of Siracha
- Juice from 1/2 small lime
- Preheat air fryer for 5 minutes at 390. *See Notes for baking instructions. Pour almond flour onto a plate, add chili powder and mix well. Option to add extra lime zest to this almond flour mixutre. In a serperate bowl whisk the egg, and add the lime juice.
- Generously salt and pepper the chicken. Coat the chicken in the egg wash, transfer to the almond flour plate. Flip chicken over so it is coated well. Coat the air fryer with a spritz of oil, or add a drop of oil and use a paper towel to coat the basket evenly.
- Cook chicken at 390 for 5 minutes, give the basket a shake to toss, Cook for 6 more minutes. Take out of the basket and serve.
Siracha Lime Dipping Sauce
- Combine all ingredients, mix well.
Enjoyed Chili Lime Chicken Tenders?
If you enjoyed this Paleo Lemon Artichoke Chicken Recipe, please give it a share, like or comment below. Follow me on social media Pinterest, Instagram, and Facebook. Here are some other recipes you might enjoy.
- Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Whole 30 Chicken Piccata
- Paleo Honey Ginger Chicken
- Paleo Lemon Artichoke Chicken