Cauliflower Gnocchi with Spinach & Lemon
This Cauliflower Gnocchi with Spinach and Lemon is the perfect way to elevate a regular bag of Trader Joes Cauli Gnocchi. Firstly, if you haven’t had Cauli Gnocchi, you are missing out! Gnocchi is a potato dumpling with flour. Trader Joes version is just as delicious, but much lower in carbs, 22 net carbs compared to 76 in typical frozen gnocchi. Because, it is made from cauliflower, and gluten-free, Paleo, and Whole 30, since they don’t use any wheat flour.
Freezer to Table in 20 Minutes or Less
The best meals are the ones that come together quickly and easily. This recipe is perfect when you need a healthy meal that can be thrown together in minutes, and taste delicious. Firstly, there are a lot of ways to cook TJ’s Cauli Gnocchi, but in my opinion, if you aren’t doing it in the air fryer, you’re doing it wrong. But what do I know? If you don’t have an air fryer, you can always cook it according to the package instructions. Cooking in the air fryer gives gnocchi a crisp outside but keeps the inside pillowy soft. That contrast between the crisp and soft is one the best part of the dish, in my opinion. The acid from the lemon adds a pop of brightness to this dish, and spinach and garlic add those great earthy flavors.
Since I am doing a blog post a day, I am giving these little daily coronavirus updates. However, each passing day it seems like there and is less and less to report. Today we had to go to the post office and drug store, and I was shocked at how many people are out on the streets here in Queens, and how many people aren’t wearing masks. It’s mind-blowing actually. The less people comply, the longer we are all going to stay stuck inside :/. Dave and I were saying we are dying for a vacation after this! Any of you planning a trip after all this settles down? Where to? Let me know in the comments below.
Tips, Recs, Subs
- Cooking the gnocchi, I highly recommend you cook it in the air fryer! But if you don’t have one, cook according to the package directions.
- In the recipe directions, I suggest starting with 1/2 the lemon juice and tasting it. I think it was great with all the lemon juice, but it might be too much for some people, and you can always add in more 🙂
- Mushrooms- Originally, this was supposed to be a spinach mushroom dish. But we weren’t able to get mushrooms this week because of the Coronavirus, so I worked with what we had. I’ve made this recipe with them before. You saute them in the pan before you add the spinach until they are soft and use less lemon juice.
- Toppings – Red chili pepper flakes add the perfect amount of heat to this dish! I highly recommend unless you don’t like spice, then leave off. Parmesan cheese is a great topping, too, as long as you don’t have any dietary restrictions. Keep in mind the cheese will keep this dish from being Whole 30, Paleo, or Vegan.
Cauliflower Gnocchi with Spinach and Lemon
- Air Fryer (not required preferred)
- 2 Packages frozen Cauliflower Gnocchi
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic Diced as small as possible
- 8 Oz Fresh Spinach ( 1 package or a large bunch)
- 2` Fresh lemons juiced, can use the rinds to add extra zest
- Optional toppings red chili pepper flakes to add heat, or parmesan cheese.
- Cook the Gnocchi. The best way to do this is air fry them, at 390 for 8-10 minutes depending on how crispy you want them. I suggest at 8 minutes you check for crispness. You might need to do this in two batches, you don't want the gnocchi overcrowded. Keep in one single layer.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet or cast iron pan under med-high heat. Add garlic cook for an additional minute. Add spinach, salt and pepper, and cook until spinach is wilted, about 3-5 minutes. Add cooked gnocchi to the pan. Stir well. Add half lemon juice, taste and continue to add more juice until desired taste is reached.
- Top additional toppings, red chili flakes, parmesan cheese and lemon zest. Serve and enjoy 🙂
Enjoyed Cauliflower Gnocchi with Spinach and Lemon?
If you enjoyed this easy Cauliflower Gnocchi with Spinach and Lemon, please share, leave a like or comment below and follow me on social media. Instagram, and Pinterest. Here are some other posts you might enjoy.
- Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs
- Dairy Free Mac & Cheese
- Pantry Staple Spring Pasta
- Low Cal Fettuccine Alfredo