Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken
Cauliflower fried rice with chicken is the keto friendly/low carb version of the fried rice we love! It might be low on carbs, however this recipe is not low on flavor. In addition to being keto/low carb, like all the recipes on my site, it’s gluten-free as well! I gave plenty of substitutions in the “tips, recs & subs” section below so you can work with what you have on hand.
Another post, and another day in isolation. I’ve been keeping you guys updated with short little comments about what is going on here in NYC during the Coronavirus pandemic. Dave and I have been doing our best to stay inside, and I’m not going to lie, it’s pretty tough. We’re both very social people, so it’s quite challenging to stay in and have nothing planned. However, with all the time that I now have, I started adding short little videos, for all the recipes. You can find those on my Instagram Stories in the highlights section Quarantine Cooking. I don’t have much to add for today, other than the fact that it’s getting really really boring, but I keep reminding myself I am not stuck at home, I am safe at home. I’m so thankful for all the healthcare workers and essential workers, and if we need to be a little bored for a few weeks to save lives, that’s what we have to do! Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay home! I would love any to hear how you’re doing in the comments below.
Cauliflower Rice Rice Baby 😉
Now that I can’t get Vanilla Ices, Ice Ice Baby out of my head, let’s get to the recipe. Firstly, we need to talk about cauliflowers rise to fame in recent years! How can one veggie can become so many delicious things? When you take a look at the numbers, cauliflower certainly looks even more attractive. Rice has approximately 218 calories and 46 grams of carbs. Our friend, cauliflower, on the other hand, has just 25 calories and 5G of carbs. For those of you who are calorie or carb counting, cauliflower is an excellent substitution for traditional rice! But cauliflower isn’t the only thing that makes this dish so great!
- All the veggies make this dish a great source of fiber.
- Coconut aminos taste the same as soy sauce, but is soy, MSG and gluten-free! So you get those typical Asian flavors minus some things you might be able to tolerate.
- Fresh garlic and ginger, not only do they add a great depth of flavor, they are great for you! Both are great anti-microbial and can help with gut health and immunity-boosting.
Tips, Recs & Subs
- I used frozen veggies because, during this coronavirus, I know people can’t get to the store as often as they want, and a lot of us have stockpiled frozen veggies. However, you can use fresh if you have, or canned will work as well.
- I touched on it above, but Coconut Aminos taste just like soy sauce, but gluten soy and MSG-free. If you don’t have any dietary restrictions, feel free to use regular soy sauce, or if you only need gluten-free tamari is another good alternative.
- The rice vinegar gives it a bit of acidity, but if you don’t have any at home, squeeze in some fresh lime juice.
- I think fresh cilantro and lime bring a freshness to the dish, however if you don’t have any on hand, it’s not necessary.
Fried Cauliflower Rice with Chicken
- Skillet or large pan
- Small mixing bowl
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 1-2 Tablespoons Fresh ginger
- 1 Clove Garlic or 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 1 Cup Sliced Mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Aminos Can use soy sauce if not gluten free, or tamari as another GF Sub
- 2 Tablespoons Rice Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce Optional
- 1 Cup Shredded Chicken (precooked)
- 1 Bag Frozen cauliflower rice
- 1 Bag Frozen mixed Veggies Can sub canned corn or peas.
- 1 Egg
- Fresh squeezed lime & cilantro for garnish and serving (optional)
- Heat oil in large skillet or pan on med-high heat. Combine coconut aminos, rice vinegar, and fish sauce in small mixing bowl, and set aside. Add ginger and garlic, to pan and let cook for 2-3 minutes, then sir in mushrooms. Let cook down for another 2 minutes.
- Add Frozen cauliflower and frozen veggies, season generously with salt and pepper. Stir well. Cover and let cook for about 5 minutes.Stir in coconut amino mixture, let cook for more minutes.
- Move veggies to the side to make a space in the middle of the skillet, crack an egg and let cook. Once the outside part of the egg has turned from clear to white, then stir into the rest of the dish and add in precooked shredded chicken. Cook for a few minutes.
- Serve and enjoy with fresh cilantro and fresh squeezed lime (optional)
Enjoyed Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken?
If you enjoyed this Cauliflower Fried Rice with Chicken, please share, leave a like or comment below and follow me on social media. Instagram, and Pinterest. Here are some other posts you might enjoy.
- 10 Minute Shredded Chicken
- Keto/Whole 30 Chicken Piccata
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Paleo Instapot Chicken Chowder