Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are one of my favorite recipes! When I used to work in an office, and I would bring it in for lunch (usually at least once a week), my coworkers would always comment on how delicious it looked! This meal is a super simple dinner that is incredibly easy to meal prep. It also makes a perfect packed lunch. I love that it’s just a few ingredients that most of us have around the house anyway!
Part of me is shocked at the state of affairs right now, and the other part is not surprised. At a time when people should rallying together and supporting each other, we seem more divided than ever. NY has over 200,000 cases of Covid 19, and that number is continuing to climb, even though social distancing measures have been in place for over a month. It’s scary to think of the devestation when this is all over. Yet, people are out there in large groups protesting to get things back to the way they were. Who knows how this will turn about, but it’s been crazy to see how even something like public safety can become polarized.
New York City is considered the epicenter of the world, with more cases than any other country! And Queens (where we are) is at the heart of that epicenter, but people here seem oddly calm and resilient. Waiting online six feet apart outside the stores before we will be let in, wearing masks to step outside, and hunkering down have all become the new normal. Which is something I never thought would be normal to me. But I guess as humans, we are quite an adaptable species. One of the more positive new normal’s is that every night at 7 PM, the entire city yells, cheers bangs on pots and pans. We do this to let our healthcare workers know that we stand behind them and support them. It’s like New Years at midnight, every night for two full minutes. Consistency, solidarity, and a 2-minute reprieve in a time when every other part of life seems to be lacking those things. Check out my Instagram Stories to see it at 7 PM!
Sweet PotatOMG You Are Going to Love This Recipe
There is so much to love about this Stuffed Sweet Potato Recipe. First off, it’s so simple, and only has a few ingredients. The other main reason I love this recipe is that is super filling and comforting. So many “healthy” recipes leave us hungry and wanting to eat an hour later. The fiber from the sweet potato and the protein from the chicken will keep you satiated for hours. As I said above, this recipe is great to meal prep early in the week. Then all you need to do is cut open your sweet potato, add your chicken inside, and you have dinner ready in 3 minutes!
If you are looking for the easiest and tastiest way to prep your chicken, I highly recommend this 10 minute shredded chicken recipe. I also love cooking my sweet potatoes in the instapot. They come out so delicious and fluffy! You can also roast or boil them. Overall, this a simple and delicious recipe the whole family can enjoy. Just make sure you make extra, you’re coworkers are going to want some. Trust me!
Tips, Recs, Subs
- I already mentioned above, but I think the best way to cook the chicken and the sweet potato is in the instapot! Here is a 10 minute shredded chicken recipe. The potatoes, add a little water, and cook on high pressure for 18-22 minutes. You can also boil the chicken. The potatoes can be boiled or roasted as well.
- Hot sauce – Hot sauce is the perfect low cal, paleo, whole 30 condiment! My go-tos are Franks Red Hot, and the New Primal Buffalo, both contain only a few simple ingredients.
- If you are not Whole 30/Paleo blue cheese or blue dressing is an excellent topping for this dish.
- Just because you are Whole 30/Paleo doesn’t mean you should miss out on the toppings. You can always add extra hot sauce, or Primal Kitchens Whole 30 approved ranch.
- For a little extra flavor you can also stuff these with my Buffalo Chicken Salad. It has mayo making it a little creamier and some extra veggies.
Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Sweet Potatoes Cooked See Tips, Recs, Subs for cooking instructions
- 1 lb Shredded Chicken See Tips, Recs, Subs for cooking instructions
- 1/4 Cup Buffalo Sauce Make sure Whole 30/Paleo compliant
- 1 Handful chopped green onion scallions
- 1/4 Cup Ranch or Blue Cheese Optional For Whole 30/Paleo make sure Ranch is complaint, and omit blue cheese
- Add Chicken, buffalo sauce and green onions to bowl. Mix well.
- Cut sweet potato in half, add chicken, top with extra green onion and optional dressings. Enjoy 🙂
Enjoyed Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes?
- Quiche With Sweet Potato Crust
- Whole 30 Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken Tenders