About Buffalo Chicken Salad
If you follow my blog, you know I love ALL things buffalo chicken. A few of my favorite recipes are my Buffalo Chicken Meatballs, GF Buffalo chicken tenders, so when I had some leftover chicken, I thought, why not turn this into Buffalo Chicken Salad? It’s creamy, delicious, and packed with lots of great veggies! Perfect for eating on its own, in a lettuce wrap on a sandwich! As long as the mayo is compliant, it’s Whole 30 & Paleo. No matter what brand mayo you use, it’s Keto.
Since I am home with nothing but time, I’ve been working on trying to do at least one blog post a day! Quite a challenging task, but I’ve got nothing else to do :/ If you happen to be reading this sometime in the future, we are all in the coronavirus crisis right now! Eeek scary; hopefully, if you are reading this in the future, things have gotten better. All 8 million people in NYC are under a “Shelter at home” type of order, since last Sunday. We’re able to leave only for essential business like going to the grocery store or pharmacy. Rumor is there will cops on the streets, and park rangers enforcing said rules. We will be able to leave our house to run, but it must be solo, and we can’t come in contact within 6 feet of anyone else. Scary to think about all the uncertainty the future will bring, but for now, we are ok, in good spirits, and hunkering down with lots of baking! Like these Gluten-Free Banana Donuts, I made two days ago:) Stay safe, stay well. See you on the other side!
Tips & Recs
- The best way to make shredded chicken in my opinion is in the instapot! You simply add your chicken breast to the instapot with a 1/2 cup of bone broth, and set to manual pressure for 25 minutes. When it’s done your chicken should shred easily.
- You can also simply boil the chicken, in my opinion it is not as flavorful this way but gets the job done. Simply add chicken to a pot, immerse in water, and boil until chicken is cooked through. Should be about 15 minutes.
- Take a rotisserie chicken and shred.
- Use canned chicken.
- This dish is perfect to add to lettuce wrap for a Keto, Whole 30, Paleo sandwich.
- Enjoy this recipe as a traditional sandwich on bread with lettuce and tomato.
Buffalo Chicken Salad
- 1 lb Shredded Chicken See Tips above on best ways to cook, or substitute canned chicken or leftover rotisserie chicken
- 1/4 Cup Franks Hot Sauce Can sub any other hot sauce
- 1/4 Cup Mayo Make sure it is paleo/whole 30 complaint
- 1 Small Carrot Diced
- 1 Stalk Celery Diced
- 1/2 Small Onion Diced
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/4 Cup Shaved Parmesan (Optional) OMIT FOR WHOLE 30/PALOE
- handful for fresh parsely as garnish optional
- Place Chicken in a medium-sized bowl. Dice all of the vegetables.
- Add vegetables, and all other ingredients to bowl mix well.
- Serve on its own, in lettuce wraps or on bread for a delicious sandwich.
Enjoyed This Buffalo Chicken Salad Recipe?
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken Tenders
- Instapot Chicken Chowder
- Whole 30 Chicken Piccatta