Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
This Buffalo Chicken Meatballs recipe combines two things that I really love, buffalo style anything and my air fryer! I am in a constant battle with myself if my favorite appliance is my instapot or my air fryer. However, this recipe definitely makes me lean towards the air fryer. How it makes everything so crispy on the outside and keeps pillow like softness on the inside, honestly I’m still not even sure how it’s physically possible to do what this machine does.
I have cooked everything in my air fryer. I’ve made brownies, donut holes, but one of my absolute favorite things to make it in is BACON! Set to 390 for 10-15 minutes depending on how crispy you like your bacon, and you have PERFECT, non greasy delicious bacon! If you have an air fryer, you should also check out this Gluten Free Buffalo Chicken Tenders recipe! I really could go on all day about the air fryer, but let’s talk a little bit about this particular air fryer recipe.
For those of you who don’t know, my fiance has a gluten allergy, so everything on this site is gluten free. But this recipe can also be Paleo & Whole 30 compliant if you swap out the butter for Ghee. It’s also naturally low carb/keto. With only a few ingredients, you can have an easy weeknight or weekend dinner. I usually meal prep this on a Sunday for an easy dinner during the week. I cook the meatballs ahead of time, then when I’m ready to eat, I make the sauce in under 2 minutes, and voila after a long day at the office, dinner is ready in 5 minutes!
- Almond flour – This recipe swaps out bread crumbs or regular flour that is often used as a binder in meatballs for almond flour. That’s what keeps it gluten free. Out of almond flour? Get some right now from Amazon.
- Butter – If you want to keep it Paleo or Whole 30 simply swap out the same amount for Ghee. Ghee is just a clarified butter. This is one of my favorite brands, here.
- Franks Red Hot – This sauce is amazing! It’s so flavorful and has hardly any calories, I even add it to eggs to give them a little kick! Order here.
Tips & Substitutions
- If I haven’t convinced you to get an air fyer, you can also bake these in a regular oven. Follow the recipe exactly the same just bake for 20-30 minutes at 375.
- You can also make these with ground turkey. Sometimes you prefer one over the other, sometimes ground turkey is all you have, or sometimes it’s on sale. Whatever your reason, I get it!
- Toss these bad boys over a salad, or on a gluten free baguette with some blue cheese to make little sliders! So versatile the possibilities are endless!
Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Air Fryer
- 1 lb Ground Chicken
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoons Almond Meal (or Flour)
- Handful chopped green onion
- ¼ cup Franks Red Hot Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Ghee or butter
- Combine chicken, egg, almond flour and green onions, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl. (I usually use gloves and my hands for this step). Once combined well, roll with hands into small meatballs.
- Place meatballs in air fryer at 390 for 8-10 minutes. While meatballs are cooking, microwave franks red hot and ghee in a bowl, for 1 minute 30 seconds, when butter is melted stir to combine.
- Add meatballs to a bowl, top with hot sauce mixture, making sure to fully coat. Serve as a main dish or side, top with blue cheese crumbles (omit for paleo/whole 30), or whole 30 ranch, or extra hot sauce.