Almond Butter Fat Bombs
Almond Butter Fat Bombs are a delicious no bake snack and dessert. I have these bad boys in the freezer all summer long for a cool treat. They are perfect if you are looking to add some healthy fats to diet, decrease refined sugar, or just want an easy pre-portioned treat. This dessert is Paleo, vegan and Keto snack! They are also refined sugar free. Even if you aren’t following any dietary restrictions you’ll still enjoy this treat.
When I was growing up, when something was awesome, we would say “that’s Phat,” or “that’s bomb”. These Fat Bombs are both Phat and Bomb! I’m really aging myself here, too bad these phrases went out of style, cause they are oh so perfect for this recipe. Think of these as an indulgent, guilt free Reeses cup. Along with getting older and your favorite phraes going out of style, you also lose your ability to tolerate junk. So candy on the regular is a no go for me, but luckily these satisfy those cravings without causing me serve discomfort!
What's Not To Love
This snack is great for so many reasons, there’s a million reasons to love it. Below is a list of a my top reasons why.
- Pre-portioned – For desserts this is a big deal for me. Sometimes I’ll find myself saying “I’ll cut myself a slightly bigger slice so I don’t have to get back for seconds. Only that slice is prob 3 times the size of a serving. Anyone else? That’s no problem with desserts are pre-potioned.
- No nasties! No dairy,refined sugar, gluten or PMGR emulsifier whatever the f**k that is that it’s in Reese’s. The best part of cooking for yourself is you know EXACTLY what is going in your food.
- In the summer no bake frozen desserts are king in this house! Nothing better than enjoying a cool treat in the AC after a long hot day, am I right?
- Make ahead. I’m big into meal prep, and cooking once a week and then having being on auto pilot when it comes to food. I love doubling this batch and then when I want a snack all I have to do is open the freezer and voila Fat Bombs!
- Healthy fats galore! When cutting out carbs, it can be hard to replace them with the right amount of healthy fats, having these on hand makes it simple!
I love learning about what goes into my body, and fun facts about nutrition. So here are my favorite nerdy facts about this recipe. Chocolate often gets a bad rap for being an overly indulgent treat. We often find ourselves feeling so guilty about, and sure if you are eating Twix, and Herseys and chocolate syrup all day, it’s probably not the best for you. (Side note I’m an advocate about not feeling guilty for any food you eat.) But you might be surprised how good dark chocolate is for you. This study, found that 75-80% Dark Chocolate, had more antioxidant power than any other fruit, even blueberries and acai! That’s HUGE! Quality dark chocolate is also rich in fiber, iron, magnesium, copper, manganese, and a few other minerals (1). Not bad for a delicious snack 🙂
The other key component in this the healthy fats. Years ago, the media and advertising industry demonized, fats, blaming them for the obesity problem. What happened? People turned to high sugar and high carbohydrate options instead. We know now that healthy fats are actually very good for us, and a key component in burning fat and staying satiated. People who eat diets high in healthy fats actually eat fewer calories and have less belly fat. Monosaturated and Polyunsaturated (aka healthy fats) have the following health benefits.
- Lower the risk of heart disease and stroke
- Decrease bad LDL cholesterol levels, while increasing good HDL, lower triglycerides associated with heart disease and fight inflammation
- lower blood pressure, prevent atherosclerosis (hardening and narrowing of the arteries) (2.)
All those benefits from a grab and go dessert that is preportioned and stored in your freezer!
Tips, Recs, Subs
- For me the life saver in this recipe are these Oxo silicone muffin cups. They are one of my ALL time favorite kitchen tools. Everything and I mean everything (even my Easy Breakfast Egg Cups) pops right out of them without an oil. You can even use them in the air fryer or Instant Pot.
- My go to brand for paleo/vegan Chocolate is Enjoy Life Foods. I’m not sponsored by them, just genuinely one of my favorite brands. You can order here from Amazon.
- Melt the chocolate for 30 second intervals in the microwave until the chocolate has melted.
- These are my go tos for Almond Butter and Coconut Oil.
- If your almond butter and coconut oil doesn’t melt together after 1 minute in the microwave, add another 30 seconds and put it in until they are thoroughly combined.
- Store these in an airtight container in the freezer.
Helpful Equipment (Direct from Amazon)
Save this Almond Butter Fat Bomb Recipe to Pinterest for Later
Almond Butter Fat Bombs
- Muffin Tray with Muffin Liners
- 1 1/2 Cups Keto or Paleo Approved Dark Chocolate
- 12 Heaping Teaspoons Almond Butter
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Line muffin tray with liners (I use silicone liners, if you don't you'll need to grease the liners). Melt 1 cup of chocolate, by microwaving 30 second intervals and stirring in between each time.
- Distribute chocolate evenly between the muffin tins, make sure you use a spoon to get chocolate up the sides as well. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Mix the almond butter and coconut oil. Add to the microwave for 1 minute (if coconut oil is not fully melted, heat another 30 seconds). Mix well. Distribute the mixture evenly in all the cups. Freeze 15 minutes.
- Melt the remaining 1/2 cup of the chocolate, pour over the tops of the cups. Freeze 15 minutes. Enjoy. Store in the freezer.
If you enjoyed this blog or this recipe please follow me on my social channels or share to your own, or give me a star rating 🙂