This Air Fryer Keto Chicken Parm recipe is a healthy take on an Italian classic. A few swaps make it low carb and gluten free. By cooking it in the air fryer we use less than a tablespoon of oil, but still get the crisp crust that we all love on chicken parm. This recipe requires only 5 ingredients and cooks in under 20 minutes. It’s all made in the air fryer, so clean up is a breeze! What’s better than that?
What Makes This Keto & Gluten Free?
Keto, short for Ketosis, refers to keeping your body in a fat burning state. You enter Ketosis when you’re body consumes less than a certain number of carbs per day. This number can be different for everybody, but this meal is only 3 Net Carbs per cutlet. So if you are trying to eat Keto it should fit nicely into your lifestyle.
The traditional flour and breadcrumbs are what makes tradtional Chicken Parm high in carbs and contain gluten. So all we did was replace these ingredients with almond flour. This gives you the nice flaky crunchy outside crust you love in a typical chicken parm, without the carbs or gluten. The other ingredients eggs, cheese, tomato sauce and spices are naturally gluten free. Just make sure your tomato sauce doesn’t have any extra sugar added. If you need a homemade Keto Sauce Recipe, check out my Nanas Homemade Tomato and Meatballs recipe with Meatballs.
What Ingredients Do You Need?
- Chicken Breast
- Almond Flour
- Tomato Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Herbs
How To Make It
- Add the egg to a bowl, coat the chicken in the egg, and then coat with almond flour. Repeat.
- Cook the chicken in the air fryer
- Add the tomato sauce and cheese for the last three minutes
YUP It’s THAT simple!
Tips For Air Fryer Success
I absolutely LOVE my air fryer. I cook with it on a regular basis and here are some of my best tips to help you ensure success for this recipe 🙂
- Always preheat your air fryer. A lot of them have this setting, but if not 3 minutes should be a good amount of time.
- Leave the tray in when you preheat. This will ensure that when you food hits the tray it will be hot and start to cook on the outside, ensuring it is crispy!
- Use a little bit of oil to coat the tray. I use one of those spritzer oils to give it a quick coat, even if it’s non-stick a little bit of oil will help keep everything from getting stuck.
- Get yourself a pair of tongs! They are a life save when it comes to air fryer cooking.
- Don’t be afraid to open up your air fryer and check on the food like you would a regular oven.
- For this particular recipe, you want to cook it a slightly lower temp than normal because the almond flour can burn easily.
What are some sides?
Helpful Equipment & Ingredients (Right From Amazon)
Tips, Recs, Subs
- Preheat your air fryer, and make sure your sprtiz with a little oil before adding your chicken.
- Use one hand for the egg wash, and one of the almond flour. Otherwise the almond flour will stick to your hand and it’ll be a big ol’ mess.
- Doing this egg and flour process twice gives it that crispy traditional outer layer we love on chicken cutlets.
- Make sure you don’t burn the almond flour . We do this by cooking at a slightly lower temp than normal and check on it.
- The fresh herbs at the end are optional but really brighten up the dish.
- If you want to make a homemade sauce and meatballs check out my Keto and GF sauce Recipe from my Italian Nana.
- Check up above for a list of sides to serve.
Save This Keto Air Fryer Chicken Parm Recipe to Pinterest for Later
Keto Air Fryer Chicken Parm
- Air Fryer
- 1 Spritz Olive oil or pam oil spray
- 2 Chicken Breast (Cut in half length wise so you get 4 thinner cutlets)
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 1/2 Cups Almond Flour
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 4 Oz Mozzerella
- Handful Fresh Parsley or basil to start
- Preheat your air fryer for 3 minutes. Make sure you cut the breasts are cut in half lengthwise so you have 4 thin chicken cutlets. Salt and pepper chicken. Whisk 2 eggs in a bowl, on a separate plate add the almond flour and mix with salt and pepper. Coat the cutlets in egg, let the excess drip off. Coat in flour. Repeat this process one more time. Set aside, repeat on all four cutlets.
- Coat the air fryer with olive oil. Cook the chicken for 15 minutes at 375, flip the chicken half way through. Make sure you don't overcrowd it, you might need to do 2 rounds.
- Add the desired amount of sauce on top of each cutlet, and sliced mozzarella cheese on top. Cook for 3 more minutes.Plate and serve.
Don’t Forget to Like, Share, & Rate this Recipe!