2 Ingredient Salsa Chicken
Who doesn’t love a 2 ingredient meal? Seriously what’s better than that? How about a meal that is 2 ingredients, paleo, whole 30 & keto-friendly! I bet I have your attention now! This 2 ingredient shredded chicken is just that. How fricken awesome! It’s perfect for making ahead and freezing for meal prep. Sometimes I’ll throw some frozen veggies in the microwave and have a quick meal. You can also use it in tacos, burritos, serve it over rice and make it into a bowl. Or serve it over lettuce and make it into a salad.
Keep. It. Simple.
Sure there are times when you want to get crazy and creative in the kitchen. Maybe you had had a bad week and want to let out extra all your energy. Maybe you want to spend a few hours creating a perfect meal for date night, complete with ambiance. Perhaps it’s a get together (assuming pre or post corona), and you are hosting friends and want to make sure they leave with stuffed to the brim. Then there are the other 350 days of the year. Those days when you have a life to live, and dishes to do and possibly tiny humans to keep alive. Those are the days this dish was created for! Trust me when I say I understand everything you’re going through when you just want a healthy dish that is cooked in minutes and won’t leave you with a sink full of dishes, and three extra trips to the grocery store asking the workers where they keep the ingredients you don’t even know how to pronounce. I got you!
Most of the recipes on this site are made with a few ingredients and super simple to make. However, if you want stupid easy, here are my some recipes with 5 ingredients or less and insanely simple to put together. Buffalo chicken tenders, Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs, Cilantro Lime Rice, Sesame Roasted Asparagus, Instant Pot Applesauce.
What Makes This Dish Keto, Paleo and Whole 30 Friendly?
I usually take a minute to explain what makes each recipe on this site fall into the dietary categories so my readers a better idea of what each diet is about. Keto is a diet focused on keeping the body in a state of ketosis. In this state, the body starts to burn fat for fuel. You do this by consuming under a certain number of carbs per day, typically 20G or less. Chicken breast have 0 carbs. Most people consider Salsa to be keto. However, we are using a full cup in this dish, so you need to be careful with the brand you use. I used Tostitos, which is 1 net gram of carbs per serving. But a serving is 2 tablespoons, which would be 8 net grams of carbs per cup. But that’s for the entire dish. If you are going to break it up into multiple servings, or meals you would be fine. However, if you are still concerned, it’s still too many net carbs use a Keto-friendly Salsa.
Both Whole 30 and Paleo diets focus on eating whole foods that are minimally processed, avoiding any inflammatory ingredients, like gluten, grains, dairy, and legumes. Since this dish is just chicken and salsa both of those fall into the approved foods category. As with all Paleo & Whole 30 dishes you want to make sure you choose high quality, minimally processed ingredients. Clean eating is about quality not necessarily quantity. So make sure you use high quality chicken brand you can trust.
What Ingredients Do You Need?
I always post this for my recipes even though it seems kind of obvious for this one.
Seriously that’s it!
How To Make It
- Add chicken to instant pot, pour salsa over chicken. Seal the lid. Set for 20 minutes.
- Enjoy 🙂
Helpful Equipment and Ingredients (Directly From Amazon)
What Are Some Good Sides?
Here I always include a helpful side dish for this dish. Just make sure it fits into your individual dietary needs
- A simple side salad. Almost every night with dinner we have a very simple of spring mix, salt pepper and a dressing of apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Simple, easy, low calories and helps keep you full.
- Cauliflower Rice (Fresh or frozen) Or regular rice if not Paleo, Keto, Whole 30.
- Turn it into a burrito with rice, beans, cheese, or any other toppings.
- Turn it into a salad top with Guac , red onions, olives, to keep it Whole 30, Keto, Paleo compliant.
If You Are Enjoying This Recipe Subscribe for more!
Tips, Recs, Subs
- You can swap the regular salsa for salsa verde to make it a little extra special.
- If you want it even more seasoned, add taco seasoning.
- Add diced green chilies or jalapenos to give it a kick.
- When you’re finished cooking the possibilities are endless. Serve it on its own, make it into a burrito, a power bowl or a salad or quesadilla pictured above.
- Make sure you use compliant salsa to fit your dietary needs.
- Get Paleo Tortillas from Siete to make paleo compliant taco night.
- Cook in the slow cooker on low for 4-6 hours. Make sure chicken is not pink on the inside.
- You can use frozen chicken just add 2 minutes to the cook time.
Save 2 Ingredient Salsa Chicken To Pinterest For Later
More Instant Pot Recipes to Enjoy
2 Ingredient Salsa Chicken
- Instant Pot
- 1 1/2 Lbs Chicken Breast (roughly 2 breasts does not need to be exact)
- 1 Cup Salsa
- 1 4 Oz Can Diced Green Chiles (optional)
- See above for additional toppings to make it a salad, burrito, or bowl.
- Add chicken to instant pot with chiles (if using) and salsa. Seal instant pot, make sure nob on top is turned to "sealing" mode.
- Set manual pressure to high for 20 minutes (add 2 minutes for frozen chicken) . Let steam naturally release for 5-10 minutes before quick releasing any leftover steam. Shred with 2 forks.
- Make ahead and freeze extra for meal prep
- Add a squeeze of fresh lime to give it a hint of acidity
Hungry For More?
Share or Save for Later.
Subscribe For Recipes and More
Let’s Connect 🙂