10 Minute Shredded Chicken
It’s kind of hard to believe that this 10 Minute Shredded Chicken recipe can create such deep flavors in only 10 minutes. Tender, juicy, fall-apart chicken that tastes like it was slow cooked for HOURS! In just 10 minutes? That is what you’ll get with this recipe! This method is so simple and so versatile, you’ll never want to cook chicken any other way! This recipe is the ultimate set and forget! In addition to the chicken can being kept in the fridge for about five days to be used in other recipes, it can be stored in an airtight container and kept in the freezer for up to 3 months!
I hope you guys are all holding up ok! I have been doing these little daily updates on the blog during the coronavirus pandemic. We finally got out of the house today, only to go to the store. When we went, we tried to get two weeks worth of food, compared to the typical weekly shop. We want to reduce our need to go out as much as possible. Dave and I also made sure while we were out, we stocked up on plenty of wine. It was actually kind of nice to get out of the house. Hopefully now we won’t need to leave for at least 12 days!
But then we walked past the hospital. As we passed the hospital, we saw them taking a body bag out the back. It sent a chill down my spine. Such a sobering experience. Seeing all the doctors outside the hospital in mask, some looking like they haven’t slept in days. It reminded me that we weren’t stuck at home; we were safe at home. We should all be grateful that we are LUCKY enough to be home. Seeing that body bag just reminded me how important it is for all of us to keep our distance and stay home. Please, everyone, stay safe and stay well and don’t risk spreading this virus to others. As sad as it is to think about, keep in mind it might end up saving your loved ones from ending up in one of those bags 🙁
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!
I think the phrase winner, winner chicken dinner, might have been made specifically for this recipe. Ok, that might be a bit much. But, seriously, if I needed to pick a winner of all chicken recipes, this would be it! Here’s why.
- You can turn this into ANYTHING! A few of my favorites add it to some soup. Take this Paleo Chicken Chowder, and instead of cubing up your chicken, toss the shredded chicken in after. Want a quick and easy lunch? Make this Buffalo Chicken Salad, and turn it into a sandwich. Have you tried my Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice or Chicken Enchiladas? Because this chicken is perfect for those recipes too!
- You can eat this chicken on its own! Sometimes you don’t have time to make another recipe, pop a bag of frozen veggies in the freezer, and now you have a perfectly balanced meal. Toss it in some sauce, and it’s even better.
- Freezer friendly. Due to the fact it goes from freezer to ready and ready to to freezer, this recipe is the definition of freezer friendly. If the chicken is already frozen, follow the same directions, and during set up, add 2-3 minutes. It can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months after it’s made. Meal prep on fleek!
Tips, Recs, Subs
- The liquid is what keeps this chicken nice and tender. I highly suggest you use a fatty, gelatinous bone broth. Firstly we can all agree the best broth is homemade. You can find my recipe here. However, you might have access to bone broth. Have no fear. You can use stock or sub in water.
- Seasoning- I chose not to add any seasonings because I wanted this recipe to as versatile as possible. Think of this recipe as your blank slate. However, if you know what you’ll be cooking, add those in when cooking. It will give you maximum flavor enhancement.
- I know I mentioned this several times, but in case you were skimming over this and missed it. If you are using frozen chicken, make sure you add 2-3 minutes.
Don’t have an Instantpot? Below is the one that I love and I can’t get enough of! You can get it with free shipping on Amazon Prime with this free 30-Day trial !
10 Minuted Shredded Chicken
- 1.5-2 Lbs Chicken Breast
- 1.5 Cups Bone Broth or Stock Can sub water
- Place chicken in single layer on bottom of instapot, pour broth over chicken. Add salt and pepper. Close the lid.
- Make sure valve is set to "sealing" mode, adjust instapot to manual pressure on high for 10 minutes (add 2-3 minutes if frozen). Let pressure naturally release for several minutes, before switching valve to quick release.
- Shred easily with two forks, add any desired seasonings. Use for any recipe that requires shredded chicken, store in an air tight container in freezer for up to 3 months.
Enjoyed Easy 10 Minute Shredded Chicken?
- Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Whole 30 Chicken Chowder in the Instapot
- Instapot Bone Broth
- Whole 30 Chicken Piccata